Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Llano Grande, 8/21/07

I took a little time this evening to check out the Llano Grande flood channel bordering the south side of Estero Llano Grande State Park. At first I thought there were few birds as has been the case all fall. Then I hit the "mother lode" of shorebirds half a mile or so to the east. I counted and estimated about 800 Stilt Sandpipers. I'm sure I missed a few things with the low sun and strong wind. A Peregrine Falco seemed early to me.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Black-bellied Whistling-Duck 6
Mottled Duck 20
Neotropic Cormorant 2
Great Blue Heron 1
Great Egret 2
Snowy Egret 5
Little Blue Heron 1
Tricolored Heron 1
Roseate Spoonbill 5
Peregrine Falcon 1
Black-necked Stilt 60
American Avocet 5
Lesser Yellowlegs 1
Spotted Sandpiper 1
Least Sandpiper 50
Baird's Sandpiper 2
Stilt Sandpiper 800
Long-billed Dowitcher 15
Wilson's Phalarope 50
Laughing Gull 1
Eurasian Collared-Dove 1
White-winged Dove 8
Mourning Dove 8
Common Ground-Dove 4
Great-tailed Grackle 50
House Sparrow 5

No comments: