Tuesday, November 26, 2019

Yard bird #220 at Progreso Lakes, 11/26/19

With warm windy weather forecast for today, I figured it might be time to get some yard work done.  Did'nt look good for birds and butterflies have been disappointing lately so at least I could accomplish something.  So I put in a couple of hours and was going to work a bit more when visiting butterfly watcher Billy Weber and his parents showed up.  I got Billy his first Double-dotted Skippers last year.  Well, this was a great excuse to quit working and have some fun.  Good butterflies were on the wing and we we doing great when Billy casually mentions "There's a Black-throated Gray Warbler."  Dang!  That's one I've been expecting.  Took me a while to get on it but eventually I got some shots.  Yard bird #220!




More lepidophiles arrived and we wound up seeing 48 species of butterflies including yard butterfly #115, this stonking Mexican Silverspot.


I'm hoping my little Black-throated Gray shows up again tomorrow so I can spend some quality time with it.

No comments: