Sunday, November 29, 2009

Valley Stuff

I've been all up and down the Valley this week but haven't seen anything spectacular. While guiding some nice people from England we did manage to see the Rock Wren at Anzalduas County Park. He's been hanging out in the rocks to the south of the spillway as you enter the park.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Earlier in the week I checked out the boardwalk at the SPI convention center in hopes of finding the Nelson's (Sharp-tailed) Sparrow found last Sunday. I had no luck but found some photogenic birds, like this Roseate Spoonbill.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

And this Reddish Egret.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Here's a White Ibis.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I have about maxed out my camera's photographic abilities, save using a tripod and remote release, on this Black-bellied Plover.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I think these are Long-billed Dowitchers based on the rounded back.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

This guy has been hanging around for several years.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

1 comment:

chaindropz said...

Great shots. Come visit Alabama on my blog.