Thursday, November 18, 2010

Field Sparrow at SPI, 11/18/10

After watching the Spurs whip the Bulls last night in San Antonio we raced home so Honey could go to school today. I was pretty groggy but it didn't keep me from an afternoon trip to South Padre Island to look for Scarlet's Blue-throated Hummingbird. I got brief looks at it in the same vacant lot where I saw the Anna'a Hummingbird a few days ago. The seep calls were familiar from my years in Arizona and trips to Boot Springs. Unfortunately I didn't get any pics. Then out at the convention center I was unable to find the Winter Wren. In fact most birds there seemed to have moved on with the cold front. But this cute little Field Sparrow gave me a brief look. Two more new Cameron County birds!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Here's a Rain-pool Spreadwing by the convention center.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments: