Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Red-breasted Nuthatch at Quinta Mazatlan, 11/16/10

This morning I went over to Quinta Mazatlan to search for the Red-breasted Nuthatch that was originally found last week during the RGV Bird Festival. I didn't have much hope of of finding it as it had not been seen since the original sighting. Well I got lucky and found my first nuthatch for the Valley and Hidalgo County bird #354. I really enjoyed watching this bird doing his nuthach thing!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Aftewards I ran over to Bentsen to look for the Unanius moth and the Blue-eyed Darner. No luck but here's a nice gulf Fritilary.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Yesterday I stepped out of the house and this Merlin was just a few yards away over the neighbor's house. Yard bird #158.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments: