Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Bentsen State Park, 2/16/10

After returning from taking my dad up to see Sal del Rey I got the call from Mary Gustafson and also from David Dauphin that an Aztec Thrush had just been found at Bentsen State Park south of Mission. So I rushed right over and spent a couple of hours looking for it but was not able to refind it. I guess I'll give it another go tomorrow. But on the way in I was happy to tick my Ferruginous Pygmy-Owl for the year. It was just south of the maintenance building where it has been heard lately.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Son of Smudge, the offspring of a supposed Altimira/Audubon's Oriole hybrid was hanging out at the feeding station.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I tried to make this bunting into a Lazuli but the whitish throat and faint streaking on the sides point to Indigo.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Here's a Snowy Plover from this morning's walk into Sal del Rey. My dad is 80 years old and made the 1.5 mile walk just fine. I hope I can do that when I'm that old.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

1 comment:

one of many said...

Awesome shot of the pygmy owl!