Wednesday, November 18, 2015

South Padre Island, 11/18/15

Honey had to do some trauma training in San Benito today so I dropped her off and spent the day at South Padre Island.  This Pine Siskin feeding alone behind the Convention Center was a nice surprise and Cameron County bird #388 for me.



On my last several trips out to the Island, I have been hoping for some sparrows but not finding any.  There were a few today including my first Field Sparrow for the year.  It's been a couple of years since we've had any down here.


This Clay-colored Sparrow spent the afternoon with a flock of Indigo Buntings.


Lincoln's Sparrow is one of our commonest.



A couple of Pyrrhuloxias are still hanging around.


It's getting late for Blue Grosbeaks and Rose-breasted Grosbeaks.



There were still a few warblers around including this hungry Black-throated Green Warbler.


And this western Audubon's Yellow-rumped Warbler.


There was not too much going on at Sheepshead except for some Gray Catbirds and this uncooperative Philadelphia Vireo.


This boldly marked young opossum had me wondering if it might be have some tropical relatives.  











No comments: