Monday, September 24, 2018

Progreso Lakes, 9/23/18

Yesterday I spent the morning looking at birds in our Progreso Lakes yard.  Didn't see anything fantastic but this Olive-sided Flycatcher spent the day catching insects from the power line in front of our house.



It was fun watching it battle a large Common Green Darner.  Wish the light had been better.





Been a while since we've had an Osprey around.


We had about thirty migrant Broad-winged Hawks pass over during the morning but about 300 came in during the evening.


So after playing all day yesterday I decided I needed to do yard work this morning.  I ignored the rising kettles of Broad-winged Hawks as I trimmed the trees.  But I could not ignore the Wood Stork that flew low over the house.  I rushed in to grab my camera and luckily it did a couple of laps over the resaca.

The Wood Stork was species #169 for our yard this year.


No comments: